Activist: Child of Chinese lawyer Chen Guangcheng denied education
Posted by Author on September 6, 2011
BEIJING — A rights activist says the 6-year-old daughter of a blind Chinese dissident has been barred from leaving her house and is unable to attend school.
He Peirong says the daughter of Chen Guangcheng and his wife has not been allowed to leave their house since Feb. 24 and her books have been taken away.
He said Tuesday that Chen’s daughter has not been allowed to attend school since it began last week.
Chen and his wife have been kept under house arrest in their village in eastern China since he was released from prison last fall.
Chen angered authorities after documenting forced late-term abortions and was sentenced for instigating an attack on government offices and organizing people to disrupt traffic, charges his supporters say were fabricated.
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
This entry was posted on September 6, 2011 at 12:53 pm and is filed under Children, China, East China, Human Rights, Lawyer, News, People, Politics, Shandong, Social, World. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.