(photos) China Review: 16th Anniversary of Falun Gong’s Introduction to Public
Posted by chinaview on May 14, 2008
On May 13, 1992 Falun Gong founder Mr. Li Hongzhi introduced the practice of Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, to the general public in mainland China. According to official statistics, in a few short years it grew dramatically in popularity until there were at least 70 million Chinese practitioners.
(photo: people practice Falun Gong in Harbin City, Heilongjiang province, northeast China )
In the wake of the Chinese Communist Party’s persecution of Falun Gong (video: Why is Falun Gong persecuted in China), which started on July 20, 1999, the scenes of Falun Gong group practice in mainland China have become events worth recalling. Let us take a look at these historic photographs of Falun Gong group practice in China in celebration of this year’s World Falun Dafa Day.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
This entry was posted on May 14, 2008 at 2:07 pm and is filed under Beijing, China, City resident, East China, Falun Gong, Guangdong, Harbin, Heilongjiang, history, Life, NE China, News, People, Photo, Religion, Religious, SE China, Shandong, shanghai, Shenzhen, Social, Spiritual, World. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.